This year I will be exhibiting at the following events:
• Camden Image Gallery “People and Places” – 13-18 March 2019
• Courtyard Open, Courtyard Arts Hertford – 9-27 April 2019
• Hertford Art Society Open Exhibition – 5-18 May 2019
• Herts Visual Arts Big Art Fair, Hitchin - 13-14 July 2019
• St Albans Art Society Summer Art Exhibition – 31 July -3 August 2019
• Group show at the Wynd Gallery, Letchworth - 10-17 August 2019
• Herts Visual Arts Open Studio 2019
• Landmark Art Fair, Teddington, London – 18-20 October 2019
• Group show at the Pop-up Shop in Harpenden – 21 -27 October 2019
I also show work regularly at the Wynd Gallery, 6 – 8 The Wynd, Letchworth, open Tues - Sat 10am - 5pm.
I am a contemporary landscape artist. The beauty of nature inspires me, capturing the intensity of the light at different times of the day and exploring the varying weather patterns and changing seasons. My expressive style tries to catch an impression of the landscape, its mood and energy from invigorating to tranquil, the unique time and place as well as a reflection of the fragility of nature.
I like to form an impression without focusing on every detail by using loose movements, using my bare fingers and hands, as well as palette knives, splattering, scraping, rags and sometimes a paintbrush. Most of my paintings are created using mixed media methods including acrylic and oil paint, charcoal and pastels. I experiment with different textures, such as impasto painting, tiling past, coffee grounds or painting gels to encourage free mark making. My aim is to hopefully evoke the energy of the landscape in order to capture the imagination of the viewer.