I am exhibiting in person at the Harpenden Pop-Up shop (opposite Waitrose) from the 21 to 27 September together with four fabulous local artists, check out here: https://www.hvaf.org.uk/workshops-exhibitions/fab-5-art-exhibition-harpe...
With the start of Covid and the subsequent lockdown in the spring, I have not exhibited at any shows or galleries this year. Instead I have focused on developing my ideas and experimenting in the studio in particular with abstracting from nature. Currently, I am working on several bodies of work, both semi-abstract and abstract art, and been exploring colour especially using a limited palette.
In 2019 I exhibited at the following places:
• Camden Image Gallery “People and Places” – 13-18 March 2019
• Courtyard Open, Courtyard Arts Hertford – 9-27 April 2019
• Hertford Art Society Open Exhibition – 5-18 May 2019
• Herts Visual Arts Big Art Fair, Hitchin - 13-14 July 2019
• St Albans Art Society Summer Art Exhibition – 31 July -3 August 2019
• Group show at the Wynd Gallery, Letchworth - 10-17 August 2019
• Herts Visual Arts Open Studio 2019
• Landmark Art Fair, Teddington, London – 18-20 October 2019
• Group show at the Pop-up Shop in Harpenden – 21 -27 October 2019
Contemporary abstract painter expressing the emotional response to the beauty of nature and landscape through mixed media, texture and mark making.
The beauty of nature inspires me, capturing the intensity of the light at different times of the day and exploring the varying weather patterns and changing seasons. My expressive style tries to catch an impression of the landscape, its mood and energy from invigorating to tranquil, the unique time and place as well as a reflection of the fragility of nature.
I like to form an impression without focusing on every detail by using loose movements, using my bare fingers and hands, as well as palette knives, splattering, scraping, rags and sometimes a paintbrush. Most of my paintings are created using mixed media methods including acrylic and oil paint, charcoal and pastels. I experiment with different textures, such as impasto painting, tiling past, coffee grounds or painting gels to encourage free mark making. My aim is to hopefully evoke the energy of the landscape in order to capture the imagination of the viewer.