Who can join Herts Visual Arts?
All artists and artisans living and/or working in or near Hertfordshire are welcomed into HVA. You’ll find sculptors, painters, glassworkers, photographers .. and much, much, more!
With no minimum requirements, we provide a space where members can create and grow their practice. Show their work, get involved with others and share ideas.
Whenever you join Herts Visual Arts, your membership will be valid from the moment you sign up till 31st March the following calendar year.
New memberships and renewals starts in January with the membership year beginning on 1st April, so if you sign up at the start of the year, you get a little extra - and can start to enjoy the benefits and the events we have on offer.
Apply for Herts Visual Arts membership. Membership lasts for one year from 1 April.
Sign up between 1 October and 31 December and receive a 50% discount on membership valid until 31 March 2024.
You can purchase 2024/25 membership from 1 January.
Why join Herts Visual Arts?
With annual membership (1st April to March 31st the following year) only £45 for 2023/24, it’s excellent value for money with so many opportunities to expand your creative world.
Whenever you join Herts Visual Arts, your membership will be valid from the moment you sign up, and run to 31st March the following calendar year. New memberships/renewals open on 1st January and there are discounted subscriptions October-December. Please scroll down to the end of this page for more details.
As a member you can network, collaborate and reap the benefits of being part of our thriving creative community. From local area meet-ups, through member-led meetings to HVAF-led events, there are so many opportunities.
Member-only events (separate fees may apply) run from our Annual Conference in January through to Open Studios* (see our event calendar) and more. Other benefits include:
- Website with personal Gallery space
- Social media and other networking opportunities
*Fees not included in annual membership fee
- Latest news and opportunities
- Promote your workshops, classes, exhibitions.
- Marketing tips from our Marketing Co-ordinator, helping you get the best from your social media.
Herts Visual Arts website
Featuring all our news and opportunities, membership also gives you a personal gallery, making you very easy to find on the internet. Most of our Artists appear towards the top of Google searches.
- Our incredible database of Herts Artists
- Herts Visual Arts Gallery page with space for 15 images and 3 videos
- Social Media links to Facebook, Twitter, Instagram
- Artists bio and contact details
- Links to your own website
- List your own workshops and exhibitions which appear on our website for visitors
You can find our social media presence from the icons at the top of the page. Look out for/join in with our hashtags #hertsvisualarts #hertsopenstudios and other event specials.
- On our Facebook page we promote our artists and events to the public with video, sponsored adverts and more.
- For members only, our PRIVATE Facebook group is a space for networking, ideas and where members connect.
- On Twitter @HVAF - you'll find a little community of us
- On Instagram follow @HertsVisualArts and we also have the @HertsVisualArtsChair account too
"Thank you so much to all for having this organisation to support Herts artists. It has made a real impact on me being able to find a network for life after my Uni degree."
"Thank you for getting everyone together. It does make a difference and keeps us motivated and engaged in our professional practice."
"Thank you. Love being an HVA member. Means being an artist is not a lonely experience and gives me lots of opportunity."
What happens next?
Once you've joined, we'll be in touch with a welcome email to get you started.