This is the story of our 2021 Conference. Details of our 2022 event will be added here later in the year.
2021: 5th Annual January Conference Content
That was fun! Every year, our January Conference just seems to get better and better.
If you'd like to see that happened, you can view public content here: January Conference Content
Members, there's more content in our members only page here: Members exclusive Conference Content
Remember, there's a lot to be gained by annual membership and you can find out more/joine here: Membership Benefits
18th January 2021: Save the date for our fantastic on-line conference, registration is still open and we've added extra spaces to meet demand.
Let's make 2021 a year to remember for all the right reasons. Is our on-line conference in your diary yet? If you haven't attended a conference before we would really recommend it.
Join in with sessions on 4 exciting streams: Sustainability, Wellbeing, Digital Skills, the Business of Art. Free of charge for Herts Visual Arts Forum members.
- find out about what Herts Visual Arts has done and is planning
- meet experts in their fields and
- connect with other artists.
Get ready to face 2021 head-on with new skills, connections and confidence - a must-do event for any artist.
Not a member yet? It's simple to join, just visit our sign-up page https://www.hvaf.org.uk/artists/join-membership-benefits
Once you've become a member you can find the registration link on our insider info page: https://www.hvaf.org.uk/news/members-inside-info (login in required).
It's a great opportunity for our creative community to come together and support and inspire each other. In these times of change we want to look at how we can work together to create opportunities and build a better, more flexible future for the creative community in Hertfordshire. We're also delighted to feature a number of guest speakers.
Conference will be recorded with selected content available to members/non members after the event.
This year our focus is wellbeing, sustainability, digital skills and managing your creative business. Based around these 4 core themes, our conference will include contributions and perspectives from
- Herts Visual Arts
- members who are theme-specialists
- Esther Lafferty (Director, Oxford Art Weeks), Rosie Scares (social media expert/consultant), Jo Askham (arts and health consultant)
Not just a listening event, this your chance to connect, learn, inspire and get ready to embrace new opportunities ahead. From presentations, shared video/content, expert-led discussions, breakout rooms, chat and on-line question/answer – there’s bound to be something for everyone.
- 9.45am: Zoom opens for conference sign-in (bring your breakfast and get ready)
- 10am (Prompt start) Part 1: Start as we mean to go on
- - Agenda, Welcome, Zoom skills
- 10.15 Part 2: Steams 1 and 2
- - Perspectives and introductions: Business of Art, Sustainability
- 10.30 Separate streams (random allocation) presentations and discussion
- - Business of Art (Esther Lafferty, Director, Oxford Art Weeks, Hillary Taylor, Chair, Herts Visual Arts)
- - Sustainability (Members Susheel Rao, Debbie Knight)
- 11.15 Full conference, feedback from streams
- 11.30 Tea Break
- 11.45 (Prompt Start) Part 3: Streams 3 and 4
- - Perspectives and introductions: Digital Skills, Wellbeing
- 12.00 Separate streams (random allocation) presentations and discussion
- - Wellbeing (Jo Askham, Arts/Wellbeing Consultant, Anna Schofield, Dacorum Area Coordinator)
- - Digital Skills (Rosie Scares, Social Media Consultant, Mitzie Green, Member)
- 12.45 Full conference, feedback from streams
- 13:00 Part 4: What's in store - opportunities, events, prioritising what's next
- 13.30 Conference close, Zoom stays open for informal chat
- 14:00 informal Zoom chat closes
Once registered, attendees will receive more detailed information, including the access link