• Talented Art Fair Exhibition, Brick Lane, Old Truman, London, 2018
• Artsdepot Open Exhibition, Artsdepot, London, 2018
• Batik Artworks Exhibition, Stanmore Library, London, 2017
• Batik and Thread Artworks Exhibition, Artsdepot, London, 2015
• Created successful businesses (Gift shop and Textile Design and Creation)
• Won 5 major fabric design contracts in my Textile Design Company
My name is Shree (Shraddha) Desai and I am a Textile Designer and Textile Art Workshop leader who is dedicated and passionate about teaching children.
My background includes a Master's degree in Textile Design from the National Institute of Design in India after which I established a Textile Production Business called ‘Kalarshi’ bespoke art pieces for a range of clients as well as hosting independent exhibitions. During this period, I've experimented with the construction of fabric in order to create unique artwork. This was achieved by altering the fabric textures, colours, and designs. Worked with textured yarns and unconventional materials using various dying and weaving techniques to create innovative fabrics.
Most recently, I have been conducting Textile art workshops around the UK and am inspired by teaching both children and adults and delivering excellent customer-focused workshops.