Who can join Herts Visual Arts?
We welcome all artists and artisans living and/or working in or near Hertfordshire. Here you’ll find Sculptors, Painters, Glassworkers, Photographers and much much more. With no minimum requirements, we provide a space where members can create and grow, show their work and get involved with others.
Why join Herts Visual Arts?
With annual membership still only £40, it’s excellent value for money with so many opportunities to expand your creative world.
- Take part in our member-only events (separate fees may apply) from our Annual Conference through to Open Studios* (see list below)
- Website with personal Gallery space
- Social media and other networking opportunities
*Fees not included in annual membership fee
- Latest news and opportunities
- Promote your workshops, classes, exhibitions.
- Marketing tips from our Marketing Co-ordinator, helping you get the best from your social media.
- Members articles and news (Just send to email@example.com)
Herts Visual Arts website
Featuring all our news and opportunities, membership also gives you a personal gallery, making you very easy to find on the internet. Most of our Artists appear towards the top of Google searches via www.hvaf.org.uk
- Our incredible database of Herts Artists
- Herts Visual Arts Gallery page with space for images FREE
- Social Media links to Facebook, Twitter, Etsy, Instagram
- Artists bio and contact details
- Links to your own website
Network, collaborate, be part of our thriving Creative community
From member led meetings to HVAF led events, there are so many possibilities
- On Facebook www.facebook.com/hertfordshirevisualarts/ we promote our artists and events to the public with video, sponsored adverts and more.
- On Facebook, our Open Studios page promotes our annual event and the artists taking part #hertsopenstudios.
- For members only, our PRIVATE Facebook group for members only is a space for networking, ideas and where members connect.
- On Twitter @HVAF - you'll find a little community of us, especially during #hertshour
Annual Subscriptions 2019/20
Individual Membership £40 per person (Concessions £38) Our membership year starts on 1st April, with subscriptions due by 31st March. Members will receive a renewal reminder, with a £5 early bird discount for renewals between 1st January and 31st March. This category now includes Students (in full-time education) and Pupils (16-18 years).
If you join/renew between Jan-Mar in any year, your membership will be valid to 31 March the following year.
Schools (Art & Design Department) Free of Charge to receive newsletter. Teachers and pupils wishing to participate in HVA exhibitions should sign up for personal membership.
Our online application form is a quick and easy way to join.
What happens next?
Once you've joined, we'll be in touch with a welcome email to get you started.
In any year we have:
1st January - Early bird discount for annual membership renewals open
January - Members Conference
7th March - Last day for membership/renewals to be in our Showcase/Fair
31st March - Last day for earlybird rates, standard renewal from 1st April
March –June - Membership workshops and drop-ins – new and existing members
30th April - Final membership/renewal for Open Studios registration
April-June - Big Art Showcase, New Maynard Gallery
May - Herts Visual Arts at Living Crafts
June - AGM and members meeting
July - Big Art Fair, Hitchin
August - Watch this space for Open Studios Warm-ups
September - Open Studios – our flagship event
January - Members Conference