Who can join Herts Visual Arts?
We welcome all artists and artisans living and/or working in or near Hertfordshire. Here you’ll find Sculptors, Painters, Glassworkers, Photographers and much much more. With no minimum requirements, we provide a space where members can create and grow, show their work and get involved with others.
Why join Herts Visual Arts?
With annual membership (1st April in any calendar year to March 31st the following year) only £45 for 2022-23, it’s excellent value for money with so many opportunities to expand your creative world.
Whenever you join Herts Visual Arts, your membership will be valid from the moment you sign up, and run to 31st March the following calendar year. New memberships/renewals open on 1st January and there are discounted subscriptions October-December. Please scroll down to the end of this page for more details.
As a member you can network, collaborate and reap the benfits of being part of our thriving creative community. From local area meet-ups, through member-led meetings to HVAF-led events, there are so many opportunities.
Member-only events (separate fees may apply) run from our Annual Conference in January through to Open Studios* (see our event calendar) and more. Other benefits include:
- Website with personal Gallery space
- Social media and other networking opportunities
*Fees not included in annual membership fee
- Latest news and opportunities
- Promote your workshops, classes, exhibitions.
- Marketing tips from our Marketing Co-ordinator, helping you get the best from your social media.
Members articles and news (Just send to email@example.com)
Herts Visual Arts website
Featuring all our news and opportunities, membership also gives you a personal gallery, making you very easy to find on the internet. Most of our Artists appear towards the top of Google searches via www.hvaf.org.uk
- Our incredible database of Herts Artists
- Herts Visual Arts Gallery page with space for 15 images and 3 videos
- Social Media links to Facebook, Twitter, Etsy, Instagram
- Artists bio and contact details
- Links to your own website
- List your own workshops and exhibitions which appear on our website for visitors
You can find our social media presence from the icons at the top of the page. Look out for/join in with our hashtags #hertsvisualarts #hertsopenstudios #hertschristmasarts and other event specials.
- On our Facebook page we promote our artists and events to the public with video, sponsored adverts and more.
- For members only, our PRIVATE Facebook group is a space for networking, ideas and where members connect.
- On Twitter @HVAF - you'll find a little community of us
- On Instagram follow @HertsVisualArts and we also have the @HertsVisualArtsChair account too
Thank you so much to all for having this
organisation to support Herts artists. It has made a real impact on
me being able to find a network for life after my Uni degree.
Thank you for getting everyone together. It does make a difference
and keeps us motivated and engaged in our professional practice.
Thank you. Love being an HVA member. Means being an artist is
not a lonely experience and gives me lots of opportunity.
Annual Subscriptions 2022/23
Individual Membership £45 per person (Concessions £43) Our membership year starts on 1st April, with subscriptions due by 31st March. Members will receive a renewal reminder, with a £5 early bird discount for renewals between 1st January and 31st March. This category now includes Students (in full-time education) and Pupils (16-18 years).
- Teachers and pupils wishing to take part in HVA exhibitions should sign up for personal membership.
- If you join/renew between Jan-Mar in any year, your membership will be valid to 31 March the following year.
- If you join after 1st October (to 31st December) you’ll receive half price membership to 31st March the following year.
- Our online application form is a quick and easy way to join.
- Please email firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
What happens next?
Once you've joined, we'll be in touch with a welcome email to get you started.
Key 2022 dates: please see our Event List for 2022 planning
- 1st January: New membership year (to 31st March 2023) starts. Full price for new members, £5 discount for earlybird renewals before 31st March 2022.
- 17th January: Members' Conference
- 31st March: Earlybird discounted renewals end
- 5th - 8th May: Living Crafts Showcase
- 13th June: Members event/AGM
- 15th-17th July: Big Art Fair
- 10th September - 2nd October: Open Studios
- November/December: Christmas Showcase (details to follow)
- 14th December: membership registration closes for the year