Open Studios 2010
Another successful year with 195 artists participating across the county and an estimated 11,000+ visitors.
Apart from sales made at the time, commissions to come, and the more usual approaches to lecture, demonstrate and conduct workshops, members have advised us of some interesting opportunities that have arisen as a result of them participating in Open Studios this year. These include
- requests to visit a Sculpture retreat in India
- a display in Elstree Aerodrome Café
- participating at Essex Silk Painters Festival
- a variety of Schools projects, and
- an exhibiting opportunity at the Natural History Museum!
The 2011 project dates have been agreed as 10 Sept - 2 Oct, and it will be Herts Open Studios 21st Birthday. Further details to follow in our February Newsletter.
Our thanks go to the following members who have volunteered to be our Area Coordinators for 2011:
BARNET - June Faulkner
DACORUM - Mitzie Green
EAST HERTS - Linda Gifford
HARPENDEN - Roger Reynolds
NORTH HERTS - Cathy Smale
ST. ALBANS - Val Girling
WATFORD - Jan Langton
WELWYN & HATFIELD - Vacancy (June Faulkner in interim)