Herts Open Studios 2016
This year’s Open Studios is shaping up to be another exciting event with some new artists and some we haven’t seen for a few years joining our regular participants. We will be accepting entries until Friday 8 April so if you haven’t yet made up your mind there is still time. Please talk to me or your Area Co-ordinator if you have any questions or would like more information on how it all works.
Reasons for taking part
This is a great opportunity to display your work to a wider audience and encourage members of the public to visit your studio or gallery.
Your entry fee covers:
- inclusion in a professionally-produced, full-colour brochure, including a photograph of your work
- the printing and distribution of around 25,000 brochures (depending on participation)
- provision of brochures, posters & leaflets for your personal use
- inclusion of your details and work on the HVA website
- national, county and local publicity via social media, arts centres, libraries, tourist offices, etc.
- targeted coverage in the local press
- arrows and bunting to help visitors locate your venue during the event
- public liability insurance
Research shows that the brochure is retained by people throughout the year for future reference. Galleries and other arts organisations also refer to it, so your money goes a long way!
What happens next
Over the next couple of weeks we will be asking people to review their information, in particular looking at opening times to see where they can be aligned with other artists in the vicinity and compiling the brochure. A print proof will be circulated in mid-May once the graphic design is complete.
If you know anyone who would be interested in advertising in the brochure please ask them to email me for more information. Closing date for advertisers is 30 April 2016.
I am excited to be able to preview the poster for this year. The image is “Findochty” by Jan Munro
There are still a few people looking for a space in which to exhibit, or for someone to join them in their studio space. They are detailed here - please contact me if you can assist.
In the meantime, in anticipation of Open Studios, here is a sneak preview of some of the new artists joining us for Open Studios 2016!
Creates limited edition animal illustrations, vibrant acrylics in collage and fluid watercolours celebrating the beauty in everyday life.
Galaxy on Glass
Beautiful astro photography of deep space captured by Chris Baker and reproduced on frameless acrylic/aluminium or backlit up to 1.2 metres wide.
Who explores the processes of domestic handicraft skills such as knitting and crochet by 'fossilising' forms in bone china.