All those living or working in Hertfordshire who are actively involved in the visual arts, professionally or part time, are warmly welcomed as members of Herts Visual Arts.
Who can join Herts Visual Arts?
We welcome artists of all types. Sculptors, Painters, Glassworkers, Photographers and more. There are no minimum requirements, simply a desire to show your work and get involved! We welcome students too.
With membership for the year still at only £40 Herts Visual Arts membership remains excellent value for money!
Why join Herts Visual Arts?
Many of our Artists join simply to take part in Open Studios each year - but you get much more than that for your membership!
*Entry to Open Studios is not included in the cost of membership
- 1st of each month with the latest Opportunities, and Exhibition listings across Hertfordshire.
- Promote your workshops, classes, exhibitions.
- Marketing tips for Artists and HVA members from our Marketing Co-ordinator - showing you how to get the best from your social media.
- The latest news and developments from our Chair - keeping you up to date with exciting new changes.
- We welcome your articles and news too! Just send it over to firstname.lastname@example.org
New Herts Visual Arts website
We've invested in our website for the future, so it's now social media friendly, and viewable on all devices.
Your Gallery page, and our website mean that whether you have your own website or not - you'll be very easy to find on the internet, with most of our Artists appearing towards the top of Google searches via www.hvaf.org.uk
- Herts Visual Arts Gallery page with space for 15 images FREE
- Social Media links - Facebook, Twitter and Etsy
- Artists bio
- Links to your own website
- Be included in our incredible database of Herts Artists!
Network, collaborate, be part of our thriving Creative community!
- Herts Visual Arts Facebook page, where we promote our events to the public with video, sponsored adverts
- PRIVATE Facebook group for members only. Networking, ideas, and members to connect.
- Twitter - you'll find a little community of us over on Twitter - tweeting as @HVAF, especially during #hertshour
Individual Membership £40 per person (Concessions £38)
(Concessions £38) Subscriptions are due on 1 April. Existing members will be contacted regarding renewal, and receive a £5 discount for prompt payment.
If you join between Jan-Mar 2017 your membership will be valid to 31 March 2018.
Schools (Art & Design Department)
Free of Charge to receive newsletter and access to opportunities. Teachers & pupils free to attend HVA lectures. Teachers and pupils wishing to participate in HVA exhibitions should sign up for personal membership.
Students - in full time education £15
Pupils (16-18 years) £10
The easiest way to join HVA is via our online application form.
What happens next?
Once you've joined, we'll be in touch with a welcome email to get you started.
Here are some of the dates/events we held in 2017, more to come in 2018...
January 2017 Member Networking workshop
1st February Early bird £35 annual membership renewals open
7th February Sketchbook Natter in Letchworth
March 2017 Membership workshops and drop-ins – new and existing members
24th March 2017 Last day for membership/renewals to be part of our April exhibition
31st March 2017 Last day for earlybird rates, standard renewal is £40 from 1st April 2017
14th April 2017 Final membership renewal day for Open Studios registration
April 2017 New Maynard Gallery Exhibition
May 2017 Herts Visual arts at Living Crafts (now fully booked)
June 2017 Social Media Workshop and AGM– details to be announced later in year
28th-30th July 2017 Our Affordable Art Fair, Hitchin (now fully booked)
August 2017 Watch this space for Open Studios Warm-ups
September 2017 Open Studios 2017 – Our flagship event
January 2018: Herts Visual Arts Members Conference