All those living or working in Hertfordshire who are actively involved in the visual arts, professionally or part time, are warmly welcomed as members of Herts Visual Arts.
Who can join Herts Visual Arts?
We welcome artists of all types. Sculptors, Painters, Glassworkers, Photographers and more. There are no minimum requirements, simply a desire to show your work and get involved! We welcome students too.
With membership for the year still at only £40 Herts Visual Arts membership remains excellent value for money!
Why join Herts Visual Arts?
With annual membership is still only £40, it’s excellent value for money with so many opportunities to expand your creative world.
- Take part in our member-only events (separate fees may apply) from our Annual Conference through to Open Studios* (see list below)
- Website with personal Gallery space
- Social media and other networking opportunities
*Fees not included in annual membership fee
- latest news and opportunities
- promote your workshops, classes, exhibitions.
- marketing tips from our Marketing Co-ordinator, helping you get the best from your social media.
- Members articles and news (Just send to firstname.lastname@example.org)
Herts Visual Arts website
Featuring all our news and opportunities, membership also gives you a personal gallery, making you very easy to find on the internet. Most of our Artists appear towards the top of Google searches via www.hvaf.org.uk
- Our incredible database of Herts Artists
- Herts Visual Arts Gallery page with space for 15 images FREE
- Social Media links - Facebook, Twitter, Etsy, Instagram
- Artists bio and contact details
- Links to your own website
Network, collaborate, be part of our thriving Creative community
From member led meetings to HVAF led events, there are so many possibilities
- On Facebook www.facebook.com/hertfordshirevisualarts/ we promote our artists and events to the public with video, sponsored adverts and more
- On Facebook, our Open Studios page promotes our annual event and the artists taking part #hertsopenstudios
- For members only, our PRIVATE Facebook group for members only is a space for networking, ideas and where members connect
- On Twitter @HVAF - you'll find a little community of us, especially during #hertshour
Annual Subscriptions 2018/19
Individual Membership £40 per person (Concessions £38) Our membership year starts on 1st April, with subscriptions due by 31st March. Members will receive a renewal reminder, with a £5 early bird discount for renewals between 1st January and 31st March.
If you join/renew between Jan-Mar in any year, your membership will be valid to 31 March the following year.
Schools (Art & Design Department) Free of Charge to receive newsletter and access to opportunities. Teachers & pupils free to attend HVA lectures. Teachers and pupils wishing to participate in HVA exhibitions should sign up for personal membership.
Students (in full-time education) £15
Pupils (16-18 years) £10
Our online application form is a quick and easy way to join.
Please email email@example.com, or firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions.
Once you've joined, we'll be in touch with a welcome email to get you started.
In any year we have:
1st January Early bird discount for annual membership renewals open
January Members Conference
7th March Last day for membership/renewals to be in our Showcase/Fair
31st March Last day for earlybird rates, standard renewal from 1st April
March –June Membership workshops and drop-ins – new and existing members
1st May Final membership/renewal for Open Studios registration
April-June Big Art Showcase, New Maynard Gallery
May Herts Visual Arts at Living Crafts
June AGM and members meeting
July Big Art Fair, Hitchin
August Watch this space for Open Studios Warm-ups
September Open Studios – our flagship event
January Members Conference